Finding My Way To Love

Monday, July 25, 2011

Unshakable Faith/ Remain In Praise... Ya Dig



Marion Barber is a super star NFL running back and the coolest guy I've never met. In fact he is so cool that he refers to God as Pop’s and at the end of every one of his twitter prayers he ends with Amen, Ya Dig (too funny for words). I’m not sure what he plans on doing after his football career but if he becomes a pastor of a church I’m totally attending his church service just too hear him tell his congregation “ it’s offering time Amen, Amen, Amen Ya Dig (lol).I’ve never been into guys with long dread locks but Mr. Barber makes a single girl reconsider her preference. It’s no question that Marion Barber is a saved, sanctified brotha (lol) He’s the gentleman a single girl sits next to in church and finds herself thinking sinful thoughts and completely tuning out what the preacher is saying because she’s totally surrendered to the coloring fornication thoughts in your head (tragedy, don’t judge me) She’d want to ask him out after service but considering the minor orgasm she just had in the Lord’s house it would be best for her to walk away and pray for forgiveness lol. In all honesty what makes Marion so attractive is his genuine gratitude he expresses to God and his confidence in his faith. There is a quote that he once said on Twitter that I practice daily “Remain In Praise… Ya Dig”.

January 1st of this year my friends Monica, Michelle and I created vision boards. Our vision boards are a collage of things we want and things we want to change in our lives. Smack dead in the middle of my collage I have picture of a wedding ring and next to the ring is a picture of a handsome man saying “Lola, will you marry me” and I say :yes, yes, YES I Will (lol). Here it is the 7th month of the year and I am still standing in the front of the store I work at in Lenox Mall waiting for my one love to walk in and carry me away ….tragedy (lol). Meeting my husband wasn’t the only thing I visualized myself doing this year. I mean I thought I would have that flat belly I’ve been busting my butt in the gym for by now, and a well respected entertainment manager and a huge record with my hot new single playing on the radio across the world, but nope it’s just me and my band Gravity performing where ever we can get a gig…”Dear God why hath thou forsaken MEEEEEE!?!?! (lol)”. To look at my vision board and then to look at my life it’s as if the whole year is going by fast leaving nothing for me behind but a whole lot of pointless first dates. It makes me ask questions like, why have dreams if they wont come true and why work hard when it will only leaves me wounded. As I ask myself these questions while stirring at my dreams plastered on my bed room wall and I can’t help but want to snack my vision off the wall, rip it up in a million pieces and just cry myself to sleep, but I don’t. Instead I Remain In Praise Ya Dig!!!

In as much as I don’t have all that I envisioned I would have by now I have something better and that is unshakeable faith. I believe this year God has positioned me and preparing for my ultimate life. Before my vision board I didn’t have a vision and now with a clear vision God can order my steps and for that I am grateful. Unsure of where I will sleep next week or even how I will get to work I know that I am so much closer to my heart’s desires and just knowing that I can’t help but to “Remain In Praise”

To my friend that has set goals and has dreams but the days are looking bleak Remain in Praise even on the cloudiest day God will give you a clear direction. To my friend who has joined match.com and every other dating site but yet and still you’re not having much success, I encourage you to stay faithful, he’s close. My father once said in a sermon of his that quitters never win and winners never quit. You and I aren’t quitters and when nothing else helps we must simply; Remain in Praise, Ya Dig (lol)



Til Next Time
Simply Lola

No comments: