Finding My Way To Love

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Becoming A FUCKING STAR



I’ve been singing at this male gay club in Atlanta for a few months now and I must say it’s a lot of fun. It never fails right before I get up to sing my friend/ stylist Alex whispers in my ear “Lola you’re a fucking star. In some strange way after he says that to me I feel like I’m tapping into my Lady Gaga without being Lady Gaga (lol) I think it’s because gay men worship Lady Gaga and for about two hours every Tuesday they sing praises unto me (Lady Lola). With my hair all done up, my makeup looking flawless while wearing six inch heels walking on stage I absolutely feel like I’m becoming a F&%king Star (lol). It’s funny growing up I always thought Super Stars were these unattainable people on TV or listen to on the radio. Who would have thought a little girl from Dallas now all grown up singing popular dance tunes to a club filled with men with no desire to color with me would be a star on Tuesday nights at Blake’s(lol).

The definition of a super star varies based who you ask. Back in the day a super star had talent. They could either, sing, dance , act or do all three. Super Stars were athletes and great inventors but now a day’s not so much. All it takes is a simple fresh look and if you know the right people to sleep with, the right people you can get you a reality show and bam you’re a star. Talent no longer defines one as a star. In as much as reality women are hated they are f%^king stars and what makes them stars is confidence. Each and every woman that appears on these shows are so sure of themselves. They have convinced us that their stories are stories we need to hear and see once a week. Wither I like or not I have to respect their formula. Granted I am not interested in becoming a real house wife television star, or a basketball wife but more a super star singer married to wide receiver Calvin Johnson (which would make me a football wife, but that show no longer airs, so I’m safe, lol) I must take the attitude of confidence. Every time I stand up to sing no matter how large the crowd maybe I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am who the world is anxious to listen to. See I have to be as good as I know that I am because when I display the greatness of my gift, one can only desire to want to hear more of me. The same goes for me being a single woman. It’s important to walk with confidence and flash my sexy smile as friendly gesture of hello to a handsome fellow. I’ve learned confidence isn’t rude arrogance or the character of bitter resentment but it’s a character of being comfortable with who I am no matter who likes it.

To my friend, not everyone can act sing, dance, score touchdowns, o slam dunk a basketball. Not everyone on cure cancer or create a new way of living through technology but that doesn’t mean that they aren”t talented. We all have something we’re good at and we all have a passion for something. The key is not to underestimate yourself or what you’re good at… become a F&#king Star. You have one life live it with confidence and be great. Tap into the one and only you and just a Star!!!
Til Next Time
Simply Lola

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!
Sorel Tofino 1839 - Winter Boot (Little Kid/Big Kid)